What are the Small Details that Should be Paid Attention to in the Ordinary Use of Optical Glass Filters?
Nov. 11, 2020
As a Dome Lens Manufacturer, share it with everyone. The small details that
should be paid attention to in the ordinary use of optical glass filters:
Optical Glass Lense
1. Take care as much as possible during normal use, and pay attention to the external environment to prevent the filter from being scratched.
2. Wear finger cots when touching the filter to avoid corrosion of the substrate surface by salt and acid on your hands.
3. When taking the filter, hold the edge of the filter in your hand, even if you are wearing a finger cot, do not touch the transparent surface of the filter.
4. The filter should be placed on a soft and clean object, not on glass, metal, table, or dirty paper.
5. When storing, it should be wrapped in clean capacitor paper or special lens cleaning paper. The storage temperature is around 23℃, and the humidity is not higher than 40%. It is better to put it in a dry storage cabinet.
6. Clean it immediately when you find stains on the surface. Because dust can easily scratch the surface.
7. If the acidic substance left by the finger stays for too long, it will easily react with the surface coating material and become a permanent stain. Therefore, the surface stain of the filter should be cleaned in time.
8. If there are stains or fingerprints on the surface, you can wipe it with absolute ethanol or similar functional solvents. The specific method is as follows: wear a dust-free finger cot on your fingers, soak the towel with absolute ethanol, drag the edge of the towel soaked with ethanol, and move it in a single direction on the surface of the filter. Use as much force as possible during the wiping process. Too much pressure may damage the surface of the filter. The purpose of the solvent is to dissolve the sticky deposits on the surface of the filter. But it is worth reminding that any cleaning may reduce the surface grade at the micro level.
9. Do not stack the filters together to avoid wear.
All optical components are precision instruments, especially optical filters, and the surface is easily scratched. The above methods are only for optical glass, and are not completely suitable for optical filters of other substrate materials such as plastics. Please note: The maintenance methods of different optical filters depend on the type of product and the nature of the care needs. Hope this knowledge can give you some help.
Our company also has Optical Glass Lense on sale, welcome to contact us.