Do you know the Main Points of Cleaning and Maintenance of Fused Silica Mirrors?
Feb. 19, 2020
As a Fused Silica Windows Manufacturer, share with you.
Fused Silica Mirrors is a single component amorphous material of silicon dioxide. Its microstructure is a simple network composed of silicon tetrahedral structural unit. Due to the large chemical bond energy of Si-O, the structure is very compact, so optical Quartz glass has unique properties, especially transparent quartz glass has excellent optical properties and has excellent transmittance in the continuous wavelength range of ultraviolet to infrared radiation.
Fused Silica Mirrors
Fused silica mirrors have extremely low thermal expansion coefficient, high temperature resistance, excellent chemical stability, excellent electrical insulation, low and stable ultrasonic retardation performance, excellent UV transmission performance, and visible and near infrared transmission. Spectral performance, and has higher mechanical properties than ordinary glass.
Fused silica mirrors are acidic materials. They are inert to any acid except hydrofluoric acid and hot phosphoric acid. They are good acid-resistant materials. The corrosion degree of alkali glass and salt to quartz glass is also very slight at normal temperature, so it is not excluded to use quartz glass in these reagents. Fused silica mirrors are non-hygroscopic and non-weathering. It is very sensitive to all alkali or alkaline earth compounds, and the slight content of these compounds will promote the crystallization of fused silica mirrors at high temperatures.
Therefore, in the cleaning and maintenance of fused silica mirrors, we should pay attention to the following points:
1. The products of Fused silica mirrors are very expensive, so we must be very careful when using them, we must handle them lightly;
2. If Fused silica mirrors need to be used in high temperature, we must wipe them clean before use. It can be soaked with 10% hydrofluoric acid solution, and then washed with high-purity water or treated with alcohol. Wear thin-line gloves during operation to avoid direct contact with quartz glass by hand;
3. Different fused silica mirrors products have different high use temperatures. We must not exceed this temperature during use, otherwise it may cause crystallization of the product or soften and deform;
4. Fused silica mirrors are acidic materials, so when they are used at high temperature, you must avoid contact with alkaline substances (such as asbestos, water glass and potassium and sodium compounds), otherwise their anti-crystallization will be greatly reduced. performance;
5. Although Fused silica mirrors have extremely high thermal stability, they can withstand sudden temperature changes. However, in actual use, due to different residual strains and product shapes, there are corresponding differences in thermal stability, so care should be taken when using them.
Our company also sells Plano Concave Lenses, welcome to consult.