What are the Small Details that Should be Paid Attention to in the Use of Optical Filters?
Dec. 22, 2020
As a Silicon Domes Manufacturer, share with you.
The filter is an optical device used to select the required radiation band. One of the common characteristics of filters is that there is no filter to make the image of celestial bodies brighter, because all filters absorb certain wavelengths, which makes the object darker. The filter is made of plastic or glass with special dyes. The red filter can only let red light pass through, and so on. The transmittance of the glass sheet is originally similar to that of air, and all colored light can pass through, so it is transparent, but after dyeing it, the molecular structure changes and the refractive index also changes, which changes the passage of certain colored lights.
Filters are widely used in the photography industry. A color filter is an optical filter that expresses colors. It can accurately select the small range of light waves to be passed, and reflect other undesired wavelengths. Color optical filters are usually installed in front of the light source, so that the human eye can receive saturated light of a certain color.
Fused Silica Windows
All optical components are precision instruments, especially optical filters, and the surface is easily scratched. Improper cleaning and storage methods may damage the surface film of the filter, reduce its application performance and shorten its service life. Therefore, the correct maintenance method is extremely important.
Let's discuss the small details that should be paid attention to in the ordinary use of optical glass filters:
1. Take care as much as possible during normal use, and pay attention to the external environment to prevent the filter from being scratched.
2. Wear finger cots when touching the filter to avoid corrosion of the substrate surface by salt and acid on your hands.
3. When picking up the filter, hold the edge of the filter in your hand, even if you are wearing a finger cot, do not touch the transparent surface of the filter.
4. The filter should be placed on a soft and clean object, not on glass, metal, table, or dirty paper.
5. When storing, it should be wrapped in clean capacitor paper or special lens cleaning paper. The storage temperature is around 23℃, and the humidity is not higher than 40%. It is better to put it in a dry storage cabinet.
6. Clean it immediately when you find stains on the surface. Because dust can easily scratch the surface.
7. If the acidic substance left by the finger stays for too long, it will easily react with the surface coating material and become a permanent stain. Therefore, clean the surface stain of the filter in time.
Our company also has Fused Silica Windows on sale, welcome to contact us.