What are the Main Points of Cleaning and Maintenance of Quartz Glass?
Feb. 22, 2021
As a Fused Silica Windows Manufacturer, share with you.
Quartz glass is a single-component amorphous material of silicon dioxide. Its microstructure is a simple network composed of silicon dioxide tetrahedral structural units. Since the Si-O chemical bond energy is large and the structure is very tight, optical quartz Glass has the performance of DuTe, especially the optical performance of transparent quartz glass is very excellent, in the continuous wavelength range of ultraviolet to infrared radiation has excellent transmittance.
Quartz glass has a very low thermal expansion coefficient, high temperature resistance, excellent chemical stability, excellent electrical insulation, low and stable ultrasonic delay performance, excellent transmission of ultraviolet spectrum and visible light and near-infrared spectrum Performance, and has higher mechanical properties than ordinary glass.
Fused Silica Mirrors
Quartz glass is an acidic material. Except for hydrofluoric acid and hot phosphoric acid, it is inert to any other acid and is a good acid-resistant material. The corrosion degree of alkali and salt to quartz glass is also minimal at normal temperature, so it is not ruled out that quartz glass is used in these reagents. Quartz glass has the characteristics of no moisture absorption and weathering. It is very sensitive to all alkali or alkaline earth compounds. The slight content of these compounds will promote the crystallization of quartz glass at high temperatures.
Therefore, in the cleaning and maintenance of quartz glass, we should pay attention to the following points:
1. Quartz glass products are very expensive, so we must be very careful when using them, and must be handled with care;
2. If quartz glass needs to be used at a high temperature, we must wipe it clean before use. It can be immersed in a 10% hydrofluoric acid solution, and then cleaned with high-purity water or treated with alcohol. During the operation, you should wear fine-line gloves to avoid direct contact with the quartz glass with your hands;
3. Different quartz glass products have different high operating temperatures, we cannot exceed this temperature when using, otherwise it may cause the product to crystallize or soften and deform;
4. Quartz glass is an acidic material, so when it is used at high temperature, it is necessary to avoid contact with alkaline substances (such as asbestos, water glass and potassium-sodium compounds), otherwise its anti-crystallization performance will be greatly reduced ;
5. Although the quartz glass material has high thermal stability, it can withstand sudden changes in temperature. However, in actual use, due to the difference in residual strain and product shape, there are corresponding differences in thermal stability, so care should be taken when using it.
Our company also has Fused Silica Mirrors on sale, welcome to contact us.