What is the Difference Between Ordinary Glass and Quartz?
Apr. 22, 2020
Glass is an object that we often touch and use in our daily life. From daily
necessities such as glass to building decoration materials such as glass curtain
walls, glass has made great contributions to the development of world
civilization. For example, we often hear the difference between the performance
of quartz and glass. It is often used to make the difference between the
performance of quartz and glass, and the performance is outstanding. Next, Fused
Silica Precision Lenses Supplier will briefly introduce the performance
difference between quartz and glass, and explain their respective
Fused Silica Mirrors
The difference between ordinary glass and quartz
Quartz glass is a special industrial technical glass made of silica, which is a very good basic material. Quartz glass has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties, such as:
1. High temperature resistance. The softening point of quartz glass is about 1730 ℃, which can be used for a long time at 1100 ℃, and the temperature can reach 1450 ℃ in a short time.
2. Corrosion resistance. Except for hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly chemically reacts with other acids. Its acid corrosion resistance is 30 times better than acid resistant ceramics and 150 times better than stainless steel, especially chemically stable at high temperatures. Sex is unmatched by any other engineering materials.
3. Good thermal stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of quartz glass is extremely small, and it can withstand drastic temperature changes. When quartz glass is heated to about 1100 ℃, it will not burst when placed in normal temperature water.
4. Good light transmission performance. Quartz glass has good light transmission performance in the entire spectral band from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 92%, especially in the ultraviolet spectrum region, the transmittance can reach more than 80%.
5. Good electrical insulation performance. The resistance value of quartz glass is equivalent to 10,000 times that of ordinary glass. It is an excellent electrical insulation material and has good electrical properties even at high temperatures. Another very important characteristic of quartz glass is It can be made into high-purity materials, high-purity quartz glass metal impurity content is 20 * 10-6, synthetic quartz glass metal impurity content is only 1 * 10-6, quartz glass for optical communication and quartz glass for semiconductor industry use this feature The electric vacuum performance of quartz glass is also very good, and the electric vacuum can reach 10-6 poises. Because quartz glass has many of the above excellent physical and chemical properties, its comprehensive use effect is good.
Glass: A relatively transparent solid substance, the main component of which is silica. It is widely used in buildings to prevent wind but transmits light.
Our company also has Fused Silica Mirrors for sale, please contact us.